Ant McPartlin pleads guilty to drink-drive charge

Share

Ant McParlin says he is "truly sorry" for driving while more the twice the drink-drive limit.

The driver of one of the cars - named as Mr NG - told the court he thought that Ant was dead after the crash, and he came round the corner "like a rocket".

Ant was found to be twice the legal limit when he crashed his auto into two other vehicles in South London on March 21.

Following the news that Ant McPartlin was involved in a collision with two other cars in Richmond, West London while driving his Mini last month, the presenter has pleaded guilty to drink driving.

The driver of one, reading a witness statement, said that his vehicle "came round the corner like a rocket".

He spoke to confirm his name, date of birth, address and nationality before pleading guilty to a single charge of drink-driving.

The driver of the Mini auto said afterwards, the court heard, that they thought they would die in the collision.

LAPD Seizes $700000 Worth of Bootleg Makeup, Some Contained Animal Feces
Those poor customers were putting poop on their faces and body, which is not only gross but is extremely unsafe and unhygienic. When I'm not scrolling through various timeline's I'm researching skin care regiments and watching the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Dortmund's Batshuayi may miss rest of season due to ankle injury
For Belgium , who are in England's World Cup group, Batshuayi appeared in half of his side's qualifiers. The Belgian striker, on loan from Chelsea , injured his ankle against Schalke on the weekend.

Samsung's new phone doesn't have internet connectivity to distract you
Next on Samsung's agenda looks likely to be the new Galaxy Note 9 which could be here as early as July. Last year's Galaxy Note 8 was internally known as "Baikal" to highlight its giant bezel-less display.

McPartlin, 41, was reported to have failed a police breathalyzer test, with the court being told Monday that his blood-alcohol level was more than double the legal limit.

In a statement read out to the court he described himself as "ashamed and mortified" by what he did, and accepted that as a person in the public eye, higher levels of behaviour are expected of him.

I let myself down, I let a lot of people down.

Speaking briefly outside court after the sentencing, the TV presenter said: "I just want to say I'm truly sorry for what happened". "Anthony McPartlin is sorry and is doing everything he can to ensure this never happens again", Mr Walker said. I am truly sorry. "I'd like to apologise to everybody involved in the crash and I'm just thankful no one was seriously hurt".

After he was charged, ITV announced the Saturday Night Takeaway host would step back from his TV commitments, with co-presenter Declan Donnelly hosting the final two episodes of the show on his own.

It's also been confirmed that Dec will be presenting Britain's Got Talent alone when the live shows air later this year - although Ant will still feature in its pre-recorded auditions.

But ITV confirmed Donnelly will be hosting the live shows without his TV partner of nearly 30 years.

Share