Parsons Green Tube bomber Ahmed Hassan was on Prevent deradicalisation scheme


He left it on a District line train on September 15 a year ago, and got off at Putney Bridge station.

Dean Haydon, head of Scotland Yard's Counter Terrorism Command, called Hassan "an intelligent and articulate individual that is devious and cunning in equal measures".

Hassan, 18, was found guilty yesterday of the attempted murder of 93 people when the partial detonation of his homemade bomb caused a fireball in the carriage of a District Line train at Parsons Green Tube station in southwest London on September 15 a year ago.

The device contained 400 grams, or almost a pound, of high explosives and 2.2 kilograms, or about five pounds, of shrapnel, the court was told, but Mr. Hassan, argued that he was "certain" the bomb would not explode.

British authorities have been criticized for failing to foresee that Hassan, who had shown signs of depression and trauma, might act violently.

On Friday he was convicted of attempted murder after the bomb partially exploded at Parsons Green, injuring 51 passengers. On the one hand, he was appearing to engage with the (Prevent) programme but he kept secret what he was planning and plotting.

Commuter Stephen Nash told jurors he experienced a "blinding flash" before he was thrown to the ground and "engulfed in flames".

"I was thrown to the ground", he said. "It was intense heat, I thought I had lost my ears, I thought my head was on fire".

Читайте также: Where to watch Match 27, Peshawar Zalmi vs Karachi Kings at Sharjah

On the witness stand he said he only wanted to cause a fire because he was "bored and stressed" and had developed a fantasy about becoming a fugitive.

Mrs Jones added: "I can only say he betrayed me".

It was also revealed that the 18-year-old had already come to the attention of the Home Office, telling officials in January 2016 that he was recruited by IS and forced to train with them.

The teenager fled Iraq and arrived in Britain in 2015 by traveling through the Channel Tunnel on a truck.

He was given a home by foster parents Penny and Ron Jones, and studied media and photography at Brooklands College in Weybridge, south of London .

He assembled the bomb while his elderly foster parents were on holiday, using money from a school prize to buy the chemicals. Passengers suffered burns to their skin and hair.

Mr. Hassan was stopped by the police the day after the attack at the port of Dover.

Undated handout photo issued by the Metropolitan Police of Parsons Green Tube bomber Ahmed Hassan who has been convicted at the Old Bailey of attempted murder.

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог