YouTube Suspends Ads From Logan Paul's Channel Amid Controversial Video

Share

In a statement to Sky News, it said: "After careful consideration, we have chose to temporarily suspend ads on Logan Paul's YouTube channels".

While YouTube didn't point to any specific videos, Paul has been under a steady stream of fire since his controversial video where he showed a dead body in Japan's "Suicide Forest". But apparently not, as a recent video of his - featuring the YouTube star tasering of dead rats - has forced YouTube to pull ads entirely.

Logan Paul poses in the press room during 102.7 KIIS FM's Jingle Ball 2017 presented by Capital One at The Forum on December 1, 2017 in Inglewood.

"Paul tasered a rat in his most recent video and deliberately tried to monetize the video that clearly violated our advertiser-friendly guidelines", the spokeswoman said.

OEMs and carriers are committed to the Qualcomm Snapdragon X50 5G modem
Yes, 5G will be a reality soon enough, thanks in large part to Qualcomm and both its operator and OEM allies. One network successful with its efforts is T-Mobile as 5G connectivity reached 12 Gbps in a test.

Eden Hazard reflects on Chelsea's failed Premier League title defence
Mohamed Elneny has boldly claimed Arsenal can still catch runaway leaders Manchester City to win this season's Premier League title.

Giannis confused why Magic Johnson's 'compliment' led to a Lakers tampering fine
He's just a gregarious guy who was asked about the comparison between himself and Giannis, and gave an honest answer. Earlier in the season, the Lakers would face a fine of $500,000 for tampering with Paul George .

Less than a month after YT removed the 22-year-old from Google Preferred, which is a service that "aggregates YouTube's top content...into easy-to-buy packages for brand advertisers", the company chose to suspend ALL ads from both his channels completely. Paul went silent for a few weeks and returned with a video pledging a $1 million Dollars to suicide prevention.

YouTube has once again taken issue with Logan Paul.

In the new spate of videos posted as Paul returned from an extended hiatus following the suicide forest controversy, the 22-year-old also encouraged the unsafe Tide Pod challenge (swallowing dishwashing detergent capsules) that's been slammed as risky by health officials. Paul will not profit from advertising on any of his videos for the time being. He's gained almost 1 million subscribers since the start of 2018 despite his antics. You either love me, or you hate me. Crucify me, vilify me, and I can promise you one thing, guys.

From YouTube's statement, it's clear that the company is not just concerned with Paul's moral development, but how his actions might cause controversy for advertisers. Paul also took fish out of a pond to give them CPR. You can read YouTube's statement via YouTube Creators' Twitter account. But today, YouTube is going the extra mile.

Share