He set a spider on fire. But the spider got even

Share

The Redding Fire Department said the spider was covered in flames when it scurried to a nearby mattress, catching it on fire Sunday.

Officials said the fire caused about Dollars 11,000 in damage and some apartments in the building were "uninhabitable" now.

Lyndsey Wisegarver, a caregiver for a resident of the apartment in Redding, said another resident was trying to kill a massive spider with a torch lighter and succeeded in setting the pest aflame.

It is not clear whether the spider survived the fire.

'It was a huge wolf spider, ' Wisegarver said.

Tom Brady Says Rumor He Celebrated Jimmy Garoppolo Trade Is 'Completely Wrong'
Throughout his 18 years with the Patriots , quarterback Tom Brady says he has "never celebrated when a player was traded or cut". The Browns, according to The Plain Dealer's Terry Pluto, told the Patriots to call them if they changed their minds.

The surprising and the expected: BAFTA nominations announced
The Bafta ceremony will be held at London´s Royal Albert Hall, two weeks ahead of the hotly anticipated Oscars on March 4. Day-Lewis will face-off with Gary Oldman , this year's Golden Globe victor .

Winfrey's Golden Globes speech sparks talk of 2020 campaign
DeMille Award at the 75th annual Golden Globe Awards at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, Jan. 7, 2018, in Beverly Hills, Calif. Singer Mariah Carey, a presenter at the Golden Globes on Sunday night, called Winfrey "an incredible role model".

No one was injured and firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the second-story blaze, which reportedly caused $11,000 in damage and forced the occupants to temporarily find other housing. Fire officials say they found a fire extinguisher and hose at the scene, showing the residents attempted to extinguish the fire.

Incredibly, it's not the first time someone has set fire to their home while attempting to kill a spider.

A witness living in the flat where the fire occurred told a local newspaper that the burning spider may have spread the fire across the apartment itself. 'We'll make it work, ' she added.

The body of a wolf spider can grow to more than 1.3 inches large. Its venom is considered unsafe to humans, though generally non-lethal.

The fire department told the paper that the blaze appeared to have been started by a blowtorch.

Share