SNES Classic Edition Supply Has "Dramatically Increased" According to Nintendo

Share

Unfortunately, as we learned in 2016 with the NES Classic Edition re-release - and again last month, when the SNES Classic Edition pre-order fiasco happened - that's unlikely to happen.

The Super NES Classic Edition is out on September 29 and Nintendo of America boss Reggie Fils-Aime really doesn't want you to pay too much for it.

For what it's worth, Nintendo is promising that the SNES Classic will be more readily available than the NES Classic, even if pre-orders have played out exactly as they did before.

When pre-orders went live for the console in late August, it was a complete mess.

The launch of Nintendo's NES Classic Edition past year was marred by the company's near-total disconnection from reality, as supply issues drove resale prices of the mini-console to several hundred dollars.

NES Classic Edition Console

And when the retro console does launch, Nintendo's president said buyers shouldn't have to pay more than the $79.99 retail price. This time around, Nintendo "dramatically increased" production of the SNES Classic.

As I've said before, given Nintendo's track record (not just with the NES Classic but other systems dating back years ago), there's simply no reason for gamers to believe the company will produce enough units to satisfy demand this holiday season.

Despite retailing for $79.99, the NES Classic was going for upwards of $200 on eBay nearly immediately. Hence why Fils-Aime says the problem was "outside our (Nintendo's) control". "In this case it's not [a supply issue]", Fils-Aime said.

And yet. Many of us were burned by Nintendo promises previous year.

They're playing it coy with the Switch too, as Reggie explained to The Financial Times when prodded about Switch supply, that "There is not one choke point, there are multiple choke points".

Meghan Markle used same make-up artist as Princess Diana
Well, it could very well be a step forward in the many future steps to an official engagement announcement. Daily Mail is reporting that after the games, Meghan will likely spend some time in London with Harry.

OIC condemns Myanmar for 'systematic brutal acts' against Rohingya Muslims
However, Zaw Htay, the spokesman for State Counselor Aung San Suu Kyi , told CNN the government would not be accepting the offer.

Asian stocks rise after North Korea refrains from launch
South Korea's main index added 0.8 percent, while MSCI's broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan gained 0.4 percent. Bitcoin had slid 6.6 percent on Friday, after reports that China was about to shut down local crypto-currency exchanges.

Share