Manchester United 2017-18 season preview: Getting back to the top

Share

It's not hard this season to motivate them to that level.

"I am happy that the club managed to do 75 per cent of the work before the Premier League starts and if until the August 31 the remaining 25 per cent don't arrive, I will not moan". I expect him to play with Chelsea, it is not the right moment to lose a player.

"We always had more goals with wingers, midfielders getting 10 goals, central defenders getting five goals and last season that did not happen much".

"It's to try to put them in a better position to win the title". "I am not in a position to say I am not happy with".

The 35-year-old free agent, who scored 28 goals for the club last season, is battling back to fitness after suffering a cruciate knee ligament injury in April, though, and Mourinho insisted there is no rush to get a deal done. Mourinho returned to England, again with Chelsea, and took 12 months to bring together his title winning team, going to on to win the 2015 Premier League in his second season back at Stamford Bridge.

'It was very clear by showing what he did a year ago was not enough for him.

On Tuesday night, Lukaku scored in the Super Cup final against Real Madrid, but it wasn't enough to overcome the might of the Spanish champion.

"I have conditions to deliver a better team than I did in the first season".

SOCCEROOS stars Aaron Mooy and Mat Ryan will crack Australia's English Premier League half-century when the world's richest league kicks off.

It's going to shower meteors August 12
You'll still be able to see meteors following moon rise but the number of "shooting stars" you spot won't likely be as high. Astronomers says hundreds of meteors will streak across the sky in a display that may be visible around the world.

Universal Health Realty Income Trust (UHT) Stock Rating Lowered by BidaskClub
Equities research analysts predict that Federal Realty Investment Trust will post $3.28 earnings per share for the current year. General Motors Company (NYSE:GM) shares were trading lower by -0.31 percent ($-0.11) at $35.28 a piece in Wednesday's session.

Giroud marks 50th Emirates goal for Arsenal in spectacular Leicester comeback
For all of his flaws, he has consistently delivered in situations like Friday's, and that will buy him plenty of credit. With Manchester City already showing the world they can splash cash too, this would see a battle of the riches.

"He needs time but [his] experience, intelligence, a genius in the way he thinks - he thinks football", said Mourinho after Matic's debut.

Slaven Bilic's side will be keen to improve on last season, but a trip to Old Trafford to face a title contending United side will be a tough opening day assignment for The Hammers.

"This time, we are all in the same basket".

"We finished the contracts of five or six players and in the last six or seven years Manchester City didn't buy full-backs, so we had to buy full-backs".

In an off-season that has seen more than 1 billion pounds ($1.3 billion) invested in players, Manchester rivals City and United have accounted for more than a third of that spending. Sweden's Victor Lindelof looks the ideal partner for Eric Bailly in the centre of defence and Nemanja Matic is a proven asset on the defensive side of midfield duties. We also got a central midfielder and a striker.

The Europa League winners will start the 2017-18 Premier League campaign with a home clash against West Ham United at Old Trafford on Sunday afternoon.

Hammers boss Slaven Bilic said: "It's not ideal playing there first game of the season, but on the other hand, it is brilliant and one of the greatest away games in the league".

"We are Manchester United and we want to get back to being the big Manchester United".

Share