Morjaria said she hopes the episode, which occurred last winter, raises awareness for patients who wear contacts but might go long periods without getting an eye exam - perhaps because they order them online rather than in person.
She told Optometry Today, "It was such a large mass".
A woman came in with a "bluish foreign body" in her eye to undergo cataract surgery, and stunned doctors when the object turned out to be a mass of contact lenses.
'We were really surprised that the patient didn't notice it because it would cause quite a lot of irritation while it was sitting there'.
As a result of the freaky discovery the woman had her operation postponed due to the risk of developing endopthalmitis, inflammation of the interior of the eye gets increased.
Nani announces his next two projects, unveils posters of MCA, Krishnarjuna Yudham
The film received wonderful response from the audience and now stands as 7th consecutive hit film in Nani's career. Currently, Shooting of the film is going on and gearing up for release later this year.
Brides-to-be left scrambling after nationwide gown store abruptly shuts down
Customers of the Alfred Angelo location in Greece had to present a receipt to get one of the gowns. Representatives with Alfred Angelo Bridal gave no reason for the shutdown Friday morning.
Tonga goes through to 2019 Rugby World Cup
Tonga completed the Rugby World Cup's hardest-looking pool, beside England, France, Argentina, and the United States. Seniloli scored two tries in the first half and was the first to cross over for Fiji again in the second half.
The case took place in November previous year but has come to light in the "British Medical Journal" only this week. The woman was under the illusion that the discomfort was due to dry eye and old age.
In their 20 years of experience in the field, the operating team at Solihull Hospital said this was the first case of its kind. The woman did not report any symptoms in an assessment prior to surgery.
She wanted a simple cataract removal surgery but as she visited the doctor, she received the shock of her life. Care should be taken while wearing contact lenses.
Ophthalmologist found in the eye of the British pensioner 27 lenses that she had forgotten to remove.
Both optometrists and ophthalmologists stressed the importance of having regular check-ups with professionals. Contact lenses are used constantly, but if the follow-up is not appropriate, we see people who get eye infections severe, which may even make them lose the view.